Mississippi State University
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as Career Center Liaison to students, employers, and alumni under your assigned
- Conduct regular and special orientations/workshops/seminars for interested students.
- Create and foster strong employer relationships.
- Initiate student referrals with appropriate follow-up.
- Coordinate and manage assigned services, programs, and events.
- Create and maintain student records.
- Develop and organize instructional materials and appropriate assessment tools for Career
and Life Planning course.
- Teach a Career and Life Planning undergraduate course.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in a related field
Five years of experience plus the education listed above
Master’s degree and 2 years work experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities of the position.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of media, media relations concepts and principles, print and electronic media
outlets, photography and accurate writing skills.
- Strong interest and commitment to the educational development and career preparation of
- Strong computing background with demonstrated experience with management
information systems, Web-based applications and an affinity for applying technology to
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with effective public speaking skills.
- Ability to independently perform high quality work following well-defined policies and
procedures while simultaneously performing in a team environment.
- Ability to initiate and follow through to completion special projects and/or assignments
taking an idea from conception to implementation.
- Establish and maintain productive relationships with students, faculty, employers and co-
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
- No or very limited physical effort required.
Instructions for Applying:
Please apply online through Mississippi State University’s Human Resources website. Application, Resume, and Cover Letter are required.